REAL Internet Marketing Advice from REAL People

...........................................................................................

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Free Internet Marketing Tip 125

Domain name lapsed and now in a state of redemption
By: Milo

One of my domain names renewal lapsed. I contacted my host to renew the domain and this was their responce

"The domain name expired more than 30 days ago, so has been deleted from the .com registry and is now in a state of redemption.

We can recover the domain name from the .com registry for you, however we are charged a fee (that will be passed on) in order to recover the name. The cost is $220AUD (inclusive of GST) to recover/renew the domain for 1 year."

Has anyone ever heard of this or had this happen? I find it a little hard to swallow, when the actual price for a new domain name registration is only $19.95.

I have no qualms about my host and don't really care if I lose the domain name as its just a very small side project, but just wanted clarification.

» Reply to post...


No comments:

Post a Comment