Friday, April 16, 2010
Free Internet Marketing Tip 327
Hey there, hope you're having a great day! I'm here to insure that you look at part-time Internet Marketing as more of a hobby and make sure you enjoy it. Otherwise it'll just end up being an 80 hour work week. When you love what you're doing (I'm sure I don't have to tell you) then it isn't like work. That's one of the things you're going to have to do. I'd suggest picking a topic that you're passionate about (I'm sure you already have a topic/blog) just make sure it's on something you love. A few tips I'd offer up are these:
1. Make sure you're consistent. If you're going to write twice a day... stick to it, if it's once every 3 days, stick to it. One thing people hate (the ones who love your blog) is when you go on holidays and stop writing to them. (you may think no one notices, but they do).
2. Monetize your blog. The content you write is for them, the ads you show are for you. It's a small price and people don't really mind as much because they're used to it. (I always make it a habit to click an ad (I'm interested in) at sites I regularly visit. Or, if they offer a product I'm interested in, I'll make a point of picking it up through their affiliate link.
3. Spend time on SEO. If you're on the first couple of pages on Google for keywords related to your site you'll see a nice jump in traffic. They say content is king? Well, traffic is just as nessecary!
4. Spend time each day on your backlinks. Submit to directories, social bookmark sites (I submit my site to 10 to 20 every day, it's just part of my workday).
5. Find a blog or two that updates regularly (mine is twice a day usually, sometimes one, sometimes 3, time depending). And schedule some time to read any posts that relate to what you're doing, whether it's driving traffic, using facebook to drive traffic, find motivation, whatever the case might be. (Keep track of the people who are doing what you want to do, it helps).
6. Treat your blog like your business, set out your goals for the day/week/month make a list of daily "tasks" to complete on your site and check them off as you complete them.
7. Write out what you think success looks like. How much $ per month, how much traffic you think you'll need to achieve, etc. Then write out the steps you need to get there.
8. Become an affiliate, if you haven't already. When you write a post on your blog see if there is anything that you can include a link to at the bottom of your post. (If I'm writing about directory submissions, I will include a directory submission tool perhaps).
These are a just a few tips for you, check out my blog www.plrinternetmarketing.com for more info on a daily basis.
Sorry this turned into more of an ebook, instead of a tip :)
Talk to you soon,
PLR Internet Marketing